Tuesday, March 26, 2013

You Are My Sunshine


My little sister, Peyton, was having trouble sleeping the other night. In an effort to lull her to bed I began recanting all the songs I could off the top of my head. After I felt my repertoire running dry this song came in to my head. After singing it, my eyes were opened to its depressing nature.

You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear, 
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

Tomorrow the Minnesota Supreme Court decides if Peyton, and her sister Hannah, get to stay with the only family they've ever known, or be returned to the biological grandparents-- nearly perfect strangers.  Please don't take my sunshine away. 

Whatever happens, whatever battle ensues after the decision is made tomorrow, I know that my real sunshine is the Lord, and because of that I have wells of peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment