Monday, April 29, 2013

Moms Know Best

Moms really do know best sometimes. There are some things my Mom has told me that I have forgotten until today. Some of these things have not only slipped through my sub-conscience into the unseen, but have disappeared from my demeanor altogether, so as to seem nonexistent. If I have remembered these things in the past few months, it has usually been with the assumption that they were false claims, made half-heartedly or insincerely. But today I was reminded that God speaks through people to proclaim truth (this is what it means to be prophets of God).

She told me:

You are the joy of my life.

You are fearless.

You are able.

I don't think she knew over the course of all 19 years of my life that I would, on April 29, 2013 be struggling to believe those things, or see them as truth in my life. Rather, I think that God has been speaking words into her mouth since my birth, beautiful words that would comfort me when I feel joyless, scared and disabled. Today God used those words to confirm in my heart that he is not done with me. My flesh is still battling my spirit for my allegiance (something I fail to understand). Christ is still pursuing my wandering heart. This wandering heart flirts with depression, is seduced by fear, and sleeps with inability. But God has promised to reverse my flesh in the resurrection, and in sanctification to begin my transformation. Now he has used the words of my mother over the course of my life to remind me of who I really am as his daughter. Does the King of the Universe have a depressed, frightened and totally unable daughter? No. His blood could never make such a thing. Rather, his daughter is joyful, fearless and able, just like her mother always told her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment