Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuctu

Assignment: pretend to be writing the teacher an excuse for your missing homework. 
"Oh no I lost my homewrok Christy. My dog Tuctu chrid to eet it but he cudn't fit it in his mouth. Then my dad put his coffy on it and mad a big mrch on it. I tuck it in my car to finish it. I roled down and it flow out the window I thride to chas it but a thornato cam and I gad to get back in the car." 

What can I say? I was a pretty creative kid. 

I distinctively remember literally "lol-ing"  after writing my second sentence. In retrospect, it's really sub-hilarious, but I was convinced that it was ridiculously clever to make fun of my own dog for his smallness. I obviously wasn't very good at story-telling yet. In fact, I think that after a few lines I realized that homework not being eaten by a dog and getting coffee spilled on it isn't enough of an excuse, so I resorted to a tornado. Somewhat of a jump in intensity, but hey, I was limited on time. 

This is, by the way, the same dog previously written about in "Taceta". I could never quite decide how to spell it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment